Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis

A Millions Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication date: April 5th, 2012
Number of pages: 386 pgs
Format: Paperback
Purchase: Amazon | The Book Depository

Trapped on board the spaceship Godspeed, Amy trusts no-one.

The ship's ruler is dead and a rebellion threatens. Amy wants to help Elder as he tries to take charge, but she's torn between her feelings for him and the chaos that's pulling everything apart. As more harrowing discoveries are made about Godspeed, Amy is caught in a desperate race to unravel its secrets. Only one thing is certain.

They have to get off this ship.


I believe this was one of the most talked about, anticipated books of 2012. Ever since Beth came out with ATU, the fans have been hungry for more, myself included.
I'm not big on sci/fi, but this series really sucked me in, which is hard to do for a genre like this.
I was surprised at how much I liked the first book and by the end I could not wait until book 2.
The book isn't even out in Australia yet, so I decided to get myself a copy for my kindle. I decided I had enough waiting and it was time to check out the book everyone was talking about.

A Million Suns picks up about 2 months after the end of ATU. Elder is the leader of the ship as he tries to discover and be the leader he is meant to be, but finds that things are easy said than done in this case.
He is trying his best, but it doesn't always come across that way. There are angry people and who start to rebel against him.

When Amy starts to receive clues left by Orion, she starts to wonder if there is something going on that nobody knows about.

I think I hated him less in this book, as we got to understand the reasons for what he did. It was an interesting plot within the story, and I was wondering what it was leading to. When it got discovered... that he knew something so jawdropping.. I didn't know how to react. But I came to understand him a little better.

I might like Amy and Elder's sweet relationship, but my favourite relationship in this series, is.. well we haven't seen much of it, but is her relationship with her parents. The fact that Amy went with them on the ship because she didn't want to be apart from them tore at my heart strings. I can't wait to see them wake up so she can talk to them and be with them again.

Rating: 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment