Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Publication Date: March 19, 2013
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Number of Pages: 568
Format: Hardback
Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Add to Goodreads

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

The conclusion to Clare's The Infernal Devices trilogy is probably one of most anticipated books of the year. The book picks up not long after the last one left off. Tessa is busy planning her wedding, while Will trains his sister Cecily to be a Shadowhunter. And due to tragedy, which honestly I thought was very clever of Ms. Clare, Gabriel comes to the Institute to live.

Even though it's been quiet, Mortmain looms over everyone's minds. Having brought all of the drug Jem needs and even stopped shipping, Jem doesn't have much time left. In which Mortmain makes his move and kidnaps Tessa. Jem, on his death bed, tells Will to go after her and bring her back safe.

I don't want to go into much detail, trying to keep everything spoiler free. But there are a few twists. Most of the theories out there are right in some way. I wished Magnus was in the book more than what he was. But he was amazing as always. And the couples that end up together! Everyone is perfect!

One of my favorite quotes, it's just perfect and I can't stop laughing everytime I read it.

"The next time one of our esteemed members turns into a worm and eats another esteemed member, we will inform you immediately."

Most of our questions were answered in the book. I was more surprised what Tessa ended up being, and thinking about it more raises a few more questions. I'm still not sure how I feel exactly about the ending. One part of me feels like it was a copout. But the majority what I feel is it's perfect ending.

This book was an emotional roller coaster.It will make you laugh, cry, even cuss and want to throw the book out the window. Which I will admit I had wanted to do a few times. Did I mention that it will make you cry? There were several times I had to stop reading because I couldn't see the words through my tears. YOU WILL NEED TISSUES WHEN YOU READ THIS BOOK. This book was just about perfect. A few issues I had, but overall amazing.

Rating: 4.5/5






 

No comments:

Post a Comment