Saturday, June 23, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The rules:
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.



Ten Random Facts About Me:  (Jen)
1. I have been writing since I can remember, and recently self-published my first novel: Chosen 
2. I still live with my family, even at the age of 28
3. I have two bookshelves full of books.
4. My eyes change colour depending on the light
5. I never used to buy books until Twilight came out. I just used to borrow them from the library (and now I can't stop.)
6. I have moved three times in my life.
7. I have travelled to the US 3 times, Canada once and London, Japan and Scotland. (In this upcoming September, my mum and I are going to the US again and Canada as she wants to see Vancouver).
8. I have a scar just above my upper lip from a time when I was a child and had knocked into a glass cabinet.
9. I wasn't much of a talker until after High School.
10. My favourite non fantasy/paranormal book is "Light a Penny Candle" by Mauve Binchy 


 
Questions from Markella (It's a Hardcover's Life): Her Blog
1) How long have you been blogging?
I'd say, probably about a year, or a little longer. I had never considered it before. 
2) Why did you start blogging?
Reading and writing are two of my favourite things in the world, and I don't know why I never considered doing it before. But then one day, I got this idea to incorporate my love for books and writing into one to give my opinion on the books I love and adore.
3) What book are you most excited about reading in the near future?
Ah gosh, so many!   ICED by Karen Marie Moning is probably my #1. The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, Unravel me by Tahereh Mafi, Everbound by Brodi Ashton, Boundless by Cynthia Hand, Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian. Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.
4) What has been the hardest part of blogging for you?
I guess putting off reviews, and then when I get down to writing them, I have to remember what happened in each specific book. 
5) If you could live in the world of a book, what book would that be and why?
Geez. That's hard.  I'd maybe go with Fever because it has Barrons, or maybe Divergent.

6) What is your least favorite book?
Least favourite? I think.. Sweet Valley Confidential. I have never, in my life read such a horrible and character assignation book. I grew up with her books. They were everything to me when I was a teenager. And I was excited to read this... but it changed and re-wrote history, and that.. I could not take.
7) Girl/ Boy in a book you wish was real? Why?
Can it be more than one? Jericho Barrons from Fever series, Alex from Angel by L.A Weatherly and well. almost every male in the books I love.
8)What would you do if vampires were real? Kill them? Hide?
Kill them if they are bad. Love them if they were good. 

9) Favorite place to read?
My bedroom. 

10) Got any cool ARCs?
Not recently. I don't tend to get many ARC's.. only via netgalley, if that counts.


Blogs I tagged:
My Questions for them:
1) What do you love most about blogging?
2) What made you want to start blogging?
3) What are three things you feel are most important in the blogging world?
4)What are some things you would change or add onto your blogging?
5)What do you love most about reading a book?
6)How many books do you own?
7)Which Hero/Heroine would you like to be?
8) What's your favourite genre to review/read?
9)  When did you start reading on a regular basis?
10) Do you prefer to buy or borrow books?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment